I’ve decided to discontinue the daily meal updates and post a weekly record instead.
Day 1 Mike and I started intro yesterday. Here’s what I ate.
- Breakfast: Liverwurst and chicken broth with pickle juice (from homemade LF pickles)
- Mid-Morning Snack: Mug of broth with pickle juice. Realize that it tastes really good.
- Lunch: Celeriac-Apple Soup with Pork Patties (cooked for a while, til the meat was softened)
- Afternoon Snack: Same as lunch.
- Dinner: Same as lunch, plus I added a leftover beef patty and some duck prosciutto to the soup. I made a batch of applesauce and we all enjoyed that immensely.
- Before bed, I had a cup of chamomile tea.
Day 2 Today I ate
- Breakfast: Liverwurst and a mug of chicken broth with pickle juice and egg yolk.
- Mid-morning snack: Cup of garlic and ginger infused duck broth with egg yolk and kimchi juice.
- Lunch: Pork Loin and Bok Choy in Duck Broth.
- Dinner: Same as lunch, plus a bit of applesauce with cinnamon.
Day 3 I ate:
- Breakfast: Chicken broth with pickle juice, liverwurst
- Lunch: Not very good chicken soup (too much onions and garlic)
- Afternoon snack: Banana-hazelnut butter pancakes
- Dinner: Curried buttercup squash soup with chicken
Day 4 I’m starting at the screen, drawing a complete blank on what I ate yesterday. Oh right, now it’s coming to me.
- Breakfast: Liverwurst, 1 egg fried in ghee, a couple small almond flour & yogurt pancakes, beef broth with kimchi juice
- Lunch: Leftover duck soup
- Dinner: Onion soup with sirloin and yogurt, applesauce
Day 5 I ate
- Breakfast: Liverwurst, one fried egg, pork patty, pickle, chicken broth
- Lunch: Leftover onion soup with more beef broth and kraut
- Dinner: Gingered Carrot Soup with Shrimp and Kimchi, applesauce
Day 6 Yesterday I taught my Dairy Magic class and had a bit of a “cheat” day. I couldn’t be rude and not enjoy all the yummy homemade cream cheese and mozzarella or let the leftovers go to waste, right? I also made a batch of carrot muffins, for my students to have with cream cheese and had some of those. Plus, I had a mug of coffee. Back on the protocol today. At this point, we’re in Intro, Stage 3 and sliding into Stage 4, ready for juices, fried eggs. If things keep apace, I expect we’ll be on Full GAPS within week or so.
- Breakfast: Liverwurst, egg, baby bok choy sauteed in duck fat, half a lactofermented pickle.
- Lunch: Carrot and shrimp soup with kimchi, mug of coffee with honey and cream
- Snack during class: Two carrot cake mini-muffins with homemade cream cheese
- Dinner: Spaghetti squash with Bolognese sauce and leftover homemade mozzarella
Day 7 Sunday was a quiet day here. We enjoyed a big family breakfast, then in the afternoon, my husband took the kids to a friend’s house for the rest of the day. I puttered around, preparing two kinds of liverwurst, brining a duck to roast Monday, cleaning up around the house, and enjoying the solitude.
- Breakfast: Almond flour pancakes, eggs fried in ghee, pork sausage, carrot juice
- Lunch: Skipped, not hungry
- Snack: Carrot muffins with cream cheese, beef liver paté
- Dinner: Skipped, not hungry